Every job is different and there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to undertaking your self build project, but here is what we provide from Honka UK to make the process as smooth as possible.
- Initial design – We will review your design brief and listen to what you want from your home and how you live your life. We will provide initial sketches, issuing floor plans, sections, elevations, 3D images and 3D walk-throughs so you can really see and understand how your new home will look. Once plans are approved, we will provide you with a detailed budget price and build schedule.
- Planning application – With our partner architects around the UK, we will prepare and submit your planning application, monitoring progress of the application and dealing with any, and all, enquiries from the planning officer.
- Building regulations – As soon as planning approval is achieved, we will prepare and submit your building regulations package, monitoring progress of the application and responding to any queries raised by the building control officer.
- Book production – With planning and building regulations approval in place, we can submit the order for your new home to the factory. At this stage we will be able to confirm the production week for your house, typically 14 weeks from deposit paid, with delivery to site the week after production.
- Foundations – While your home is being crafted at the factory, we will be organising your foundations so they are ready for when the Honka kit arrives.
- Construction – Using our Honka trained construction team we will build your new home to our exacting standards. On completion your new home will be ready for you to furnish and move in to.
- After care – We are always here to help. Welcome to the Honka family!